Thursday 20 June 2013

Sun Smart - SPF

Im back for another Sun Smart post!

Wearing sunscreen is important for everyone no matter what your skin type! I am of the ghostly white breed and I burn very easily so I make sure to always slap a lot of SPF during summer. As I child I hated having sun cream put on, it was cold and sticky and smelly and I hated everything about about it. After getting badly burnt though I learnt my lesson and there are so many different types of sunscreen out there now it doesn't have leave your skin feeling gunky and don't forget sunscreen is for all over the body! I try to go for products with a higher SPF because of my skin type but it is recommend to always use products containing at least SPF15 in to protect you from the sun's harmful rays and prevent signs of ageing!



I always wear a moisturiser on my face with an SPF in all year round, but in sunnier months I wear a higher one! I love that the Estee Lauder DayWear base has an SPF50 and it's a multi taker as it's a great base for make up! This Joise Maran one is another great choice with SPF40.

I also make sure my foundation or BB Cream contains an SPF too. I don't like anything too heavy on my skin so I go for the bareMinerals original foundation with SPF15.

I love Nivea lip products and I always switch to this one with an SPF30 in it for summer! 


Gone are the days of the cold nasty feeling sun cream! I love using the Hawaiian Tropic Silk Hydration SPF50 and it smells amazing too. I am also a fan of the spray on sunscreens and I love the Garnier Ambre Solaire Clear Protect range. 

It's also important to make sure skin is moisturised and kept hydrated after sun exposure so make sure to always use an after sun after a long day at the beach. I currently use a Hawaiian Tropic one because their whole range smells amazing but again I'm a fan Ambre Solaire products and I might try the one with a tan maintainer. The best after sun I ever used was a L'Oreal Solar Expertise tan intensifier, it was the one time my skin has looked tanned, but I don't think they make it anymore! 


What are your favourite SPF containing products? I'm always on the look out for new ones to try! 



1 comment:

  1. Oh gosh I wish I had read this post before I went to the beach last week. i got a wee bit too much sun.

    Ali of

    Dressing Ken

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for your comments, they always make me smile :)