Wednesday 23 March 2016

Easter Bunny & Chick Cookies


I got the cutest Easter cutters last year so I wanted to bake some cookies for my Easter picnic.

I use either of these cookie recipes normally

Shortbread Cookies 
(from Stacie Bakes)

Ingredients

100g plain flour
300g unsalted butter
150g caster sugar
Seeds scraped from 1 vanilla pod

Method

Preheat oven to 190 degrees celsius and grease a large baking sheet

Combine the flour, butter, sugar and vanilla seeds in a bowl and rub in with your fingertips or combine with a food mixture

Roll out the dough on a lightly floured surface to about 1cm thick, cut out your Easter shapes and place on the baking sheet

Bake for 15 minutes and leave to cool completely before decorating



Gingerbread Cookies

Ingredients

225g unsalted butter
175g soft light brown sugar
175g golden syrup
550g plain flour
1 Tsp baking soda
3 Tsp Ginger
1 Tsp Ground Cinnamon

Method

Preheat oven to 160 degrees celsius and grease a large baking sheet

Melt the butter, sugar and syrup together in a pan over a low heat. bring to the boil, then remove from the heat

Sift together the flour, baking soda and spices. Beat this into the butter/sugar mixture until smooth

Wrap the dough in cling film and chill in the fridge for 10 minutes

Roll out the dough on a lightly floured surface to about 1cm thick, cut out your Easter shapes and place on the baking sheet

Bake for 12 - 15 minutes, they will be still be soft and harden as the cool so don't over cook them. Leave to cool completely before decorating


To Decorate

I'm not very good at icing cookies, so I just used ready to roll icing and used the cutters to cut out the correct shapes.

I coloured some yellow for the chicks and also coloured some small amounts in Spring pastel colours to make bows for the bunnies and chicks too. Just use some clear alcohol to stick the icing shapes to the cookies.

Tomorrow I will be sharing how I set up all these treats for my Easter Party.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for your comments, they always make me smile :)