Thursday 15 December 2016

Christmas Tree Traditions


This year I was going to try and post so much holiday content on the blog as last year I barely checked in during December at all. I had gift guides and recipes planned, but with work and life I decided that making memories and just enjoying the Christmas Season in my spare time is more important than blogging. I wish I had time after work to sit down and write every night but recently I've needed to just crawl into bed and get some much needed sleep.

I did snap some pictures as we decorated our family Christmas Tree and wanted to share some of our traditions with you all. I love a tree that is all colour co-ordinated and matching but I also love a tree that is filled with memories too and that is exactly what our Christmas Tree is. 

Each year for as long as I can remember my sister and I have had a new decoration each year to hang on  the tree. I also try and pick up a decoration on all of my travels. This year I bought one back from my trip to Sorrento, but I also like to pick them up when travelling in the UK too. I picked up a little wooden one from the Winchester Christmas Market this year. There are decorations on our tree from Prague, Paris, Amsterdam & Italy so far. 

Our tree also features many hand made decorations, ranging from things we made at school to more recent additions which brings me to a new tradition I started in 2015.  Last year was mine and Sean's first proper Christmas together as we had only just started dating the year before and I decided we should start making our own memories. I decided we should decorate something each year to hang on the tree (my family one for now). It started with pine cones we had collected on our Center Parcs trip that we added some paint and sparkle to, and this year we have little reindeer to decorate that I am sure will make an appearance on the blog. 


Do you have any family Christmas traditions?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for your comments, they always make me smile :)