Tuesday 2 October 2012

DIY No-Snag Elastic Hair Ties

I already own a ton of these hair ties but wanted some new colours, so when I saw this pin on Pintrest and realised just how easy they were to make I got to work!



You can purchased packs of 5 ties for $12 at Anthropologie here.

I made 40 hair ties with $5 of elastic! So I saved $7 and got an extra 35 hair ties!


You will need:
- Elastic - I purchased mine here
- Scissors
That's it


Step One: Measure around your wrist and leave about an inch of elastic either side.


Step Two: Cut the elastic at an angle to avoid the elastic fraying.


Step Three: Tie a knot and pull the knot towards the ends to tighten. Make sure to pull the knot not the edges because this can cause the elastic to fray.



And there you go you'll have more hair ties than you know what to do with! I plan on putting them on some card and using them as gifts!



4 comments:

  1. That's great! What width is the elastic?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for posting this... I was honestly thinking about buying the ones from Anthro but not anymore!
    Jenn

    http://apopofstyle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! These were so quick to make as well!

      Delete

Thank You for your comments, they always make me smile :)