Wednesday 10 February 2016

Strawberry Nutella Red Velvet Valentine's Cupcakes


If your Love has a sweet tooth, why not bake them something for Valentine's Day?! I decided to try out some classic red velvet cupcakes but give them a little twist...


Start by mixing up a batch of your favourite red velvet cake batter, or you can use a packet mix to save time! 


I decided to use Nutella and Fresh Strawberries for my fillings. 


I made three different combinations:

Half fill a cupcakes case with cake batter, then add a teaspoon of Nutella and top with more batter.

Mix chopped up strawberries into the cake batter.

Half fill a case with batter, swirl in Nutella, add some strawberries pieces, top with more batter and swirl in some more Nutella.


Once the cupcakes had cooled completely I piped some homemade butter cream (I add vanilla seeds straight from the pod into my butter cream and it tastes so much better than using Vanilla essence) and topped with some candy hearts.


Wondering why there is only one finished cupcakes pictured? Well it was dark by the time I finished them and let's just say not many made it to the next day! 

I have one more Valentine's DIY to share with you all tomorrow! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for your comments, they always make me smile :)