Tuesday 9 February 2016

DIY Sequin Heart Brooch


I wanted to make a little something to send to some of my friends this Valentine's Day to let them know I love them too! These sequin heart brooches are super simple to make and you can make a few quite quickly if you get a mini production line going! 



You Will Need:

Felt
Craft Glue
Scissors
Pen
Sequins
Brooch Pin
Needle and Thread (optional)

Start be cutting out two hearts, it's best to use a template to get them even every time! 

Starting at the outer edge glue a little section on sequins at a time and work your way inwards.

Keep Going ......

Glue your brooch back to the second heart (I also sewed the back on to make it a bit more secure but you don't need to do this). Then glue the two hearts together...



And there you have your sparkly sequin heart brooch! You could also use a hair clip back instead if you have a friend who likes to add some sparkle to her hairstyle, or make a matching pair and turn them into shoe clips! I have made a few spare and I plan on adding one to my shopping bag! 

1 comment:

  1. Stacey,
    I received a sequin pin years ago and would love to find the pattern. It is a wreath made from green sequins and red beads in the center of each sequins. Do you have a pattern for these? I could take a picture if it would help. Thank you

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for your comments, they always make me smile :)