Tuesday 24 February 2015

Heart Shaped Valentine's Layer Cake


Whilst being super productive and browsing through pinterest I saw this genius pin for making a heart shape cake using a round and square cake tin. I knew that it was perfect for making a special cake for a Valentine's weekend treat. I decided to make mine a four layer cake using a mixture red velvet and chocolate cake. I used cream cheese frosting to layer the cakes together and then coloured the rest of the frosting a light pink to cover the cake. I was trying to think of something to decorate the top with so it didn't look so plain, and chocolate covered strawberries popped into my head. I can't believe I've never made my own ones before, they are so quick and simple to make! This would also be a great cake to use pink ombre layers of vanilla sponge in too. 


1 comment:

Thank You for your comments, they always make me smile :)