Tuesday 12 August 2014

Learning to Sew

I have wanted to learn to use a sewing machine for the longest time now, so when my mum booked a sewing workshop for us to attend as a birthday gift I was over the moon. I knew I wanted to learn to make zippered cushion covers, they seemed like something simple to start with and I already had the gold polka dot fabric which was perfect for my bedroom! The sewing workshop was so much fun, I learnt the basics of sewing using a machine, how to insert a zipper and an invisible zipper. I even tried my hand at some appliqué that will eventually end up as a bag for my God Mother. My mum and sister both learnt some different skills like creating button holes, so we can't wait to teach each other and try out some other skills. I am so proud with how my pillows turned out. My next project I'm planning is a Christmas stocking! 

If you are in Suffolk and looking for a sewing workshop you should check out Spinney Brook Workbox, I highly recommend Elizabeth's classes. She has so much patience and she feeds you some delicious home made treats too! 



2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful and thoughtful gift! I, too, would love to learn to sew. So, you've certainly inspired me to have a go at it :) Your pillows turned out beautifully and I absolutely love the SS print in the back! So glad to hear you had a great time. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have always wanted to learn to sew! I might have to try soon.

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for your comments, they always make me smile :)