Thursday 4 July 2013

Sun Smart

I hope you've all enjoyed my Sun Smart posts and you've been taking my advice. I actually burnt part of my legs quite badly over the weekend, I was far from Sun Smart and I didn't re-apply my sunscreen often enough, and with the wind, I burnt extra quickly!



I thought I'd would share some general tips in my last Sun Smart post!

1. Always wear Sunscreen. Apply 30 minutes before sun exposure and at least every 2 hours. Make sure you use at least SPF15.

2. Cover Up. Wear a wide brimmed hat or any hat will do, cover up those shoulder and any over part that easily burns.

3.Seek Shade. Avoid direct sunlight when the sun is at it's strongest between 11am and 3am.

4. Avoid Tanning Beds. Use fake tan lotions, it's a much healthier way to get a gorgeous glow.

5. Stay Hydrated. Drink plenty of water when you're out in the sun all day.

6. Wear Sunglasses. Protect your eyes, they're precious and make sure your glasses have complete UV protection.

7.Watch Out for Sand, Snow, Wind & Water. These are going to reflect the sun's rays and increase your chances of burning.





1 comment:

  1. Those are great tips! I live in Alaska and went to Hawaii for the first time a few years ago with my fiance. Hadn't been in sun like that in years and I laid out on the beach for too long and my eyes swelled up SOOO bad I had to go to the ER. Not a great experience!

    http://sandyloo117.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for your comments, they always make me smile :)