Thursday 11 October 2018

B&M Autumn Candles


I have been meaning to do a review of these candles since B&M started stocking them a couple of years ago but you know me, it takes me a while to get around to these things. You will have seen pictures of them on the blog a few times though!

When these B&M candles came out two years ago everyone in the U.K went crazy for them because they are a great dupe for Bath & Body Works Candles which we can't easily get hold of here. I had always wanted one of the B&BW candles but until last year I hadn't been lucky enough to own one!

The B&M Essence Candles range in price from £2.99-£3.99 (on sale for £3 in my local store currently). They cannot be beaten on price, I have not found another candle this size you can purchase in the U.K that actually gives off a good scent when burnt. 
This is now the third Autumn I have been burning these candles and all of the ones I own have been able to fill a room full of fragrance and I have found them to burn pretty evenly if you burn them for long enough (I would say at least 2.5-3 hours). However if you smell them in store before purchasing some definitely smell stronger than others even of the same fragrance, so make sure try them in store.

Some of the scents pictured above where purchased (in multiples which is why I still have a supply) in previous years but I have seen most of them still in stores along with the Autumn fragrance which I believe is new for this year! The marshmallow fireside is still available in the cooper lid version of this candle {featured on the blog here}, although I prefer the scent of the silver lid version, they're meant to be the same but I don't think they are, but both smell delicious, and I am sorry to say I don't know if they smell just like the Bath & Body Works candle of the same name as I haven't smelt it.

But since I have now had the chance to try out a few B&BW candles I can tell you my thoughts on how the B&M version compares. The B&BW candles come in a much larger variety of scents and they give off a much stronger aroma when burnt, they have become my favourite candles. The B&M ones feature a pretty design on the lid just like it's inspiration and they have been labelled similar. In the U.K you will be looking at around £18-£20 if you want to pick up a Bath & Body Works Candle and while I think they are far superior, you really can't beat the price of the B&M Essence Candles. So unless you are headed to the U.S soon (with an empty suitcase) and can take advantage of the amazing sales to stock up on B&BW ones, I think your best bet is to head to your nearest B&M store and grab a few of these candles before they sell out. I am hoping they will continue to bring out new scents in the years to come! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for your comments, they always make me smile :)